Whenever we hear about the city, Kolkata, the first and foremost thing that strikes into the minds of us is the thing for which it is famous. It is recognized as the “Eastern part of India” and also for the third crowded metropolitan city in India. In the hustle and bustle of this city, unsurprisingly, automobiles are the second most expensive commodity that we have after our house, mansion, villas etc. We are so in love with them to such extent that we don’t give our own car in hands of somebody else. This is because we are constantly in the fear of accidents, thefts, or any other possible damages like dents and all. When the roads are such congested, we certainly don’t want to take risk for our most lovely thing.
Apart from the above situation, at the time of relocating in Kolkata, if we do a mistake of hiring non-professional team to transport our vehicle from one place to another then most of the time, the crew loads car or bike without providing the protection of our vehicle. But, on the other hand, many car transport companies include a waiver in their agreement that if any harm would be caused to your car then the hired car transport company in Kolkata would be holey and solely responsible for it and provide you with the insurance claim (only if you have taken the policy at the time of agreement)
Here are some of the points to enlighten you about the insurance at the time of availing the car/bike transportation services in Kolkata:
- Ask Out Your Car Transportation Company to Reveal their Insurance Proof: It doesn’t matter what car carrier company you want to avail. But you should be aware about the facts that it should have the insurance certificate to show whenever a customer asking for it. Further, it will be the point of shrewdness if you will ask something about their policies as well. This will assure you that at the time of shipment, whether the entire car will be covered or just certain parts will be only taken care of. Additionally, most of the companies often have such policies in which the customer is required to pay the amount after deductions if any damage occurs.
- Get the Written Agreement for Everything: As an educated citizen of Kolkata, we all are aware of this thing that before getting into any agreement we have to demand all the terms and conditions in written paper. This gives the confidence to the customer to protect him in the event of something unforeseen happening.
- Cross-Check the Car Insurance Company: Most of the car carriers in Kolkata try to convince at the time of dealing for the car shipment to make profit by committing the false agreement and further deny at the end if something bad happens. Therefore, you have to ensure that the moving company before the settlement that whether they will be going to provide something real or not. You can also check its Google reviews, rating and ask to your folks about their experience if they have taken these kinds of shifting services before.
- Eliminate the Loose Equipments from the Interior of the Vehicle: It is genuine that many car shipping companies never ready to pay for the damages occur to the interior parts. In this case, ultimately, you have to extract the wise solution by removing those loose parts such as electronics, extra change, CDs or cassettes and any other things that can be raise the chances of get loosed. This will curb the risk of any mishap during the shipment.
- Pre-Possession Inspection: Before giving the possession to the Car or Bike shifting services in Kolkata, wait for the inspection that the company will going to conduct to make note of any existing damages. If possible, it is will be great if you will present over there at the time of inspection. With parallel to this, you can click photographs of a car to have a record of its present condition prior to the shipment.
What to Do if the Car Transport Company in Kolkata Denies Compensating?
In case of such situation where your car carrier company denies providing the services you have expected or they are harshly treating you then you are free to file a complaint with your local consumer courts. There you will get the expected justice.
Last But Not Least
In a nutshell, all you need to know about your rights and work of different authorities. It will help you to protect your fundamental rights and stop them to violate it.